Safeguarding is everyone’s business
The KCB Parish (Kildwick, Cononley and Bradley) has adopted the House of Bishops Safeguarding Policy for children, young people and adults.
We undertake to:
- Promote a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Respond to those that may pose a present risk.
If you are concerned, you will find a poster that details the people you may wish to contact in each of our three churches. The poster details the local safeguarding officers as well as the Diocesan Safeguarding team. It also shows the Local Authority Social Service contact and a reminder that you can also contact the police (101) if there is urgent need.
The local contact points are also listed below.
Download the Safeguarding Poster as a .pdf document here
The document recording the PCC’s adoption of this policy is available here. It was signed on behalf of the PCC by the Revd Julie Bacon (Interim Vicar) on 14th July 2020
The full Safeguarding policy statement for children, young people and adults is contained in the document “Promoting a Safer Church.
That document (a 24-page booklet) can be downloaded here.
Local Contact points:
|Parish Safeguarding Officer||Mrs Geraldine Sands||07247 857495|
|Interim Vicar||The Revd Julie Bacon||01274 405170|
|Diocesan Safeguarding Teamemail@example.com||0113 353 0257|
|Local Authority Social Services||01756 700600|
(For email addresses, see the poster here)